Online registration for the 4th EMEC is now open.
Please make sure to read the Terms and Conditions below first.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
1. Registration Fees
The International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) and the International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) are offering a special discount for delegates who are members of an ILAE or IBE Chapter to attend the forthcoming East Mediterranean Epilepsy Congress.
The special rates are detailed in the table below and requirements to qualify for the member rates are outlined under this table under the heading “Member Discount”.
For more information on becoming a member of your national ILAE or IBE Chapter please visit www.ilae.org or www.ibe-epilepsy.org.
What is a member? Members of national Chapters of both the ILAE and the IBE are entitled to member rates for this congress.
How do I become a member? To become a member or to find out if the person you are registering is already a member, please contact the ILAE Chapter or IBE Chapter in your country. If there is no Chapter in your country you may join by contacting the Chapter of another country.
*Member Discount is applicable to members of ILAE and IBE Chapters registering as Regular or Junior. In order to avail of the discount, the Chapter must have provided member details to their parent organisation (i.e. ILAE or IBE) and must be up to date with dues with ILAE or IBE, as applies. If the Congress Secretariat cannot verify the membership status, then the discount cannot be given. The member discount is not available to groups, pharmaceutical companies, commercial entities or sponsored registrations.
**Junior Registrations (under 40 years) must upload a clear copy of their Passport / ID when registering online.
***Allied Health Professional (AHP) rate applies to non-MD health professionals working in epilepsy care, e.g. PhD, Nurse, Technician, Psychologist, Physical Therapist. Please upload a letter from your employer confirming your non-MD status and that you work in epilepsy care when registering online. The letter must be on headed notepaper, signed and dated.
****Delegate from Egypt registration is open only to individuals who are nationals of Egypt. All delegates applying for this registration rate must upload a clear copy of their passport when registering online.
*****Subsidised Registration is not available to groups, industry, commercial entities or sponsored registrations. Subsidised registration is open only to individuals who are nationals of the list of countries under Group A of the ‘Hinari Access to Research in Health Programme’. Countries listed in Group B are not eligible for this rate. All delegates applying for Subsidised Registration must upload a clear copy of their passport when registering online.
- To use the online registration system, each user must first create a user account.
- A personal address (institution/company or private) and e-mail address for each delegate must be provided during the registration process.
- Multiple registrations with the same e-mail address will not be accepted by the system.
- Agencies registering delegates on behalf of any member of industry will be requested to provide the name and country of the sponsoring company.
- Please ensure the billing details are entered correctly as invoices cannot be changed later.
- Invoices must be created by you in your user account which you can then download; a copy will also be automatically e-mailed to you.
- The following payment methods are accepted through the on-line registration system: credit card (Visa, MasterCard) or bank transfer, details for which you will find on your invoice.
- Confirmation of registration and invitation letters will be e-mailed to you once supporting documentation (passport photo page/letter from Head of Department), if applicable, and payment has been received. Please allow three working days for credit card payments and five working days for bank transfers/bank drafts.
- In order to comply with security and insurance regulations, personal postal and e-mail addresses are required for each delegate. Registrations submitted without these details will not be processed. One e-mail address or one postal address for multiple delegates will not be accepted by the system.
- Agencies registering delegates on behalf of industry will be requested to provide the name and country of the sponsoring company. This information will be used for reporting and statistical purposes.
- As the main contact person you are not entitled to any of the delegate’s benefits (access to the congress area, delegate pack, etc.). If you wish to benefit from any of the delegate’s entitlements, please register yourself for the congress.
- To qualify for the early registration rate, payment must be received on/before the Early Registration deadline. All delegates’ names and contact details for the paid early registrations must be received no later than 13th January 2017. Delegate contact details received after this date will be subject to a higher registration fee. Any changes after 3rd February 2017 will be handled on-site.
- Subsidised and Member registration fees are not available to groups as these rates are intended to assist delegates who cannot obtain sponsorship to attend the congress.
- Name changes are free of charge up to 3rd February 2017 after which date they will be handled onsite from 16th February 2017 when they will be subject to a fee of US$50.
- Delegate confirmations/invitation letters will be sent to you by email, once payment and all delegates’ names and contact details have been received. Confirmation letters do not quote any payment details; this procedure guarantees the confidentiality of payment-related information.
- Group collections prior to the start of the congress will be available on an appointment only basis. Appointments must be booked in advance. All information about collection appointments will be sent in due course. During the congress, group collections will not be available from the congress Registration Desk; delegates must collect their congress materials individually.
4. Payment Options
Please use the on-line system to register by credit card using Visa or MasterCard.
Our on-line gateway provider is: Realex, The Observatory, 7-11 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2 Ireland, tel.: 353 1 702 2000, fax: 353 1 702 2100
Our on-line payment interface provides a Secure Website Order Page. As part of our dedication to provide secure online payment methods, we have added an extra level of security for Visa and MasterCard payments. This protects you from the unauthorised use of your credit card. 3-D Secure technology consists of the programmes ‘Verified by Visa’ and ‘MasterCard SecureCode’.
For queries regarding on-line payments please contact email@example.com or telephone: +353 1 205 6720.
Please use the on-line system to register by bank transfer. Details for making the bank transfer can be found on invoices which you can produce and download in your online account. All charges due on bank transfers must be paid by the registrant. Please include the invoice number as reference on the bank transfer.
Bank transfers cannot be made after 3rd February 2017.
Delegate Registration (Regular, Junior, AHP, Delegate from Egypt, Subsidised) includes:
- Admission to main scientific programme sessions
- Congress bag and documentation
- Access to the exhibition area
- Congress coffee breaks and lunches.
- Certificate of Attendance
- Welcome Ceremony and Welcome Reception
Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Currency exchange gains/losses are the responsibility of the registrant and the Congress Secretariat will not accept liability for money loss through bank charges, transfers or currency fluctuations. Refunds will be settled within one month of the congress, in order to facilitate necessary organisational and logistical procedures. Cancellation of registration fees is as follows:
7. Name changes
Name changes are free of charge up to 3rd February 2017 after which date they will be handled onsite from 16th February 2017 when they will be subject to a fee of US$50.
The registered address of the Congress Secretariat is:
ILAE/IBE Congress Secretariat,
7 Priory Office Park, Stillorgan Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, A94 FN26, Ireland
Tel.: +353 1 2056720
Fax: +353 1 2123576